Thursday, August 8, 2013

" Mustock 2013 " - Though the eyes of Sunny Tuff

http://www.reverbnation.com/candicemills
www.JohnShorePhoto.com
" Mustock 2013 was my first experience. I left philly tues night and our bus was super late. Anyway I made it to the Union Station [DC] around 5 am wed. My bredren scooped me up and off to the rest. I went over the material and the rest of the week. Shout out to our DJ Lance Reynolds, whom couldn't make it. It's the day of the show, and we were caught in traffic on I-95 but It was cool because our set was pushed back. We didn't have to rush, to get on stage. I decided to take time out and set up my camera, and shoot a few pictures. There was a slight drizzle but it calmed. Everybody was peaceful, enjoying themselves, engaging in different activities. There were vegan trucks, people were selling jewelry, enjoying the serene. [It was peace] Tents were aligned in different sections like a village. The campground was very clean. I met all sorts of people..
Sleepy Wonder www.JohnShorePhoto.com
Wes Feton, Head Roc, Asheru were in the place to be but I was feeling something deep down. I was feeling strange. I kept going to the bathroom. I guess it was because of the distilled water.

It was about time for us to do our set. We had an amazing intro. The weather was perfect but most of the people were in their tents do to the extensive partying the night before. Throughout our sets, I can hear cheers and applause. I started feeling comfortable and wanted to give the people a show. I followed Jah-I-Witness Emcee's lead as he controlled the crowd. I really enjoyed the love. Shout out to Head Roc for the support! After I stepped off the stage I had this crazy headache.
www.JohnShorePhoto.com
I was sweating crazy and felt like I was going to pass out/throw up. I met with the sister Megan Simone and some other supporters. Jah-I-Witness Emcee went to the store to get some food but I couldn't even eat an apple. We went back to Mustock, and I sat slumped in the car dozing off and on. After about for hours or so, I got my appetite back. I went to see a little of Nappy Riddem set as they rocked. I said a few good byes and was out around 1:30 am. It was a great experience. I want to definitely shine the spotlight on the founder Mustafa Akbar for having the vision. Long live Mustock!!!! " - Sunny Tuff

www.JohnShorePhoto.com

https://www.facebook.com/Mustocklive

Mustock 
2013'




 

 



No comments:

Post a Comment